Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Follow us on Twitter @CalvertHSLib
Mission & Vision
Vision – Calvert High School Library will foster a collaborative community of learning and literacy that leads to high academic achievement. The library will be the center of collaborative learning and produce information literate and creative students. And, by providing equitable access to quality and up to date resources students will be college and career ready armed with the knowledge and skills to be lifelong readers, independent learners, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and informed citizens.
Mission - Our mission is to create an inclusive welcoming environment that encourages and is supportive of collaboration and learning.
Calvert High School Library will:
- provide inclusive, flexible, and inviting learning spaces
- promote and support a culture of literacy
- develop a collection of resources that provides diverse perspectives and is representative of the community
- collaborate with classroom educators to plan, design, teach, and evaluate information literacy learning
- collaborate with classroom educators and administrators to design learning experiences that support the school goals and curriculum
- ensure that all students and staff are effective and ethical creators and users of information
Calvert High School Library