We believe that the library is an integral part of our school's community. In order to prepare students for the globally competitive world beyond the classroom, Calvert County Public Schools offers a student-centered, thinking-based library media curriculum. We strive to create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for students and staff.
The mission of the Huntingtown High School Library is to ensure the effective use and creation of information. To fulfill this mission, we will:
- Foster inquiry, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Encourage exploration of diverse perspectives
- Curate resources for the learning community
- Collaborate with students and staff across the curriculum
- Offer opportunities for patrons to create in a variety of formats
- Engage learners to build information literacy skills
Everyone is welcome at our school library!